My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Wow, can't believe it's been over 6 months since I blogged. Yes, I did move. It took about two months to get completely unpacked, and another three months to get all the pictures on the walls, etc. I am loving the new place. I hope to update more often; we'll see how that goes! Later skaters, waiters and smelly cheese graters.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Gripe of the Day

One of the many things that irritate me are people who will not believe you when they get a wrong number. Case in point:

Phone at work rings. (I work for a large company just a few miles from a large university.)

Me: Large XYZ Corp, this is Me

Idiot Caller: Need to talk to Dr. QQQ

Me: I believe you have a wrong number. Are you trying to reach Dr. QQQ at Large XYZ Corp? I can look up the number and transfer you if you would like.

Idiot Caller: NO!! Professor Dr. QQQ at University. I need to talk to Dr QQQ because my mid-term is due today and I cannot get there because . . . . blah . .. blah . . . blah . . .

Me: Oh -- I am sorry, you want the University, you have reached Large XYZ Corp. Check the number and try again.

Idiot Caller: No I do not have wrong number. All numbers that begin with 999 are for the university. You are lying to me.

(The conversation was actually much longer, but in the interest of time it has been reduced to its lowest common denominator.)

As soon as he called me a liar, I changed my tune.

Me: Oh, I'm sorry. You caught me. (LOL) Yes, I was lying to you. Please give me all the information and I will be happy to get the message to Dr. QQQ.

Moral of the story: Don't PISS Mama off!

"If you can read this blog, thank a teacher;
if it is in English, thank a soldier."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning,

I came to visit you because you're in the list and I have an empty nest as well.

I’m enjoying your posts. Don't give up. My writing has been struggling to get out of me for years ... and finally it's happening.

Here's an idea ... go cruise forums or sites like www.43things.com ... there's lots of people giving out statements and ideas that you will find almost impossible to ignore.

Just remember to come back and write on your blog. If you think someone needs credit, give it by linking back to them. If you think someone would appreciate knowing that you've written about them, go back to them and post a link saying, "Hey I wrote."

The other day I had a visit from OddMix on my An Experiment post. He is involved in a very cool project and he adopted me into it.

I thought it was so cool that I am now propagating the project and today my goal is to adopt some others into my portion of the project.

You're in. Look for me often :-D

Keep going you’re doing great!

have fun,
pamElise aka MarillaAnne

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home